Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Character Interview: Garnet McAnna from Lord of Fire

 

I'm with the Interstellar Post, and today I'm pleased to interview Garnet McAnna from the paranormal fantasy romance, Lord of Fire, Wytchfae #5.

Ms. McAnna, thank you for meeting with me. Your work in saving innocent fae familiars has been well documented. If you don't mind, today we'll speak on a lighter note. Are you happy with the setting of your story in Lord of Fire?

Call me Garnet. As for the question, are you serious? The Florida locale was fun, but my author wields a sadistic quill where I’m concerned. Not only did she plonk me into a risqué club called Slice to be sold to the highest bidder, but before I could get in a good lip-lock with my hunky guy Gabriel, she stuck me in the Middle Ages during witch-burning times! When I asked her about it, I admit I was a little on the grumpy side. Her reply? “We must give the reader an interesting story.” Then she had the gall to suggest it was Gabriel, me, and the demons who kept on waltzing into trouble. “I’m only a conduit.” Some nerve on that book-broad!


Are you upset your name is not in the title?

Not at all. I love nothing more than to pay tribute to the Lord of Fire, my Gabriel. *breathless pant* However, I will admit that my mind played around with some cute alternative titles. Any of those would have worked if my author hadn’t been secretly gone on my man. Things like Garnet McAnna: Demon Hunter or maybe Garnet Stokes the Fire. *chuckles*


Who was your favorite supporting character?

Anyone but the alligator. Okay, I'll be sincere. Fern is my best friend, of course, and Estelle helped save my life. I must say I enjoyed getting to know Angel, as well. She’s a little madcap, but who wouldn’t be, with a hot rock star boyfriend like Lucien Silver?


Were you happy with your wardrobe?

Meh. I loathed that red slinky dress they put me in at Slice. It was slit from here to Timbuktu in both front and back. Later I got a thrill to see it draped over a chair in ruined tatters. I did love it when my author put me in Gabriel’s blue shirt though. It smelled delicious, just like him. *secret smile*


Is your love interest the way you pictured him? Or would you have preferred another type, say with different hair or eye color?

Never in a million years did I imagine meeting an irresistible dark guardian in the forest at midnight while on my way to hunt down a demon. As for hair, Gabriel has luxurious hair—long, silky in my hands, and black enough to show blue streaks. And his eyes! Gold no less! Other men pale in comparison, let me tell you. Oops, thanks so much for your interest. Gotta go—Gabriel’s texting me to come over and go horseback riding. 


No problem. Thank you for your time. Would you ask the Lord of Fire if he'll grant an interview later on?

Will do. See ya! *pants and smiles*


For Garnet and Gabriel's story, please consider Lord of Fire. That's it for now, readers. Stay tuned for more star interviews from the Interstellar Post.



Cheers from the Pen Dames--Heart, Humor, and Happily Ever After!

Posted by Flossie Benton Rogers


9 comments:

  1. Garnet has such a unique voice! I can't wait to read Lord of Fire. I just bought my copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the positive words, Kathy. Enjoy the story of Garnet and Gabriel!

      Delete
  2. This is the first "character interview" I have read. It was awesome! Garnet is a hoot, has a great sense of humor and is strong willed. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a hoot, Linda, and we had a lot of fun together, though she may not admit it. Thanks for your supportive message.

      Delete
  3. Love...love meeting Garnet and having a few chuckles along the way. Great interview. Awesome story, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got some chuckles today, Loretta. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. This is the first character interview I’ve ever read also and I loved it! Awesome. She’s definitely a little sassy and forthright. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a mind of her own. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. What a fun blog, Flossie! Garnet is a lively character. I am looking forward to reading it. And readers, escape into another world and meet Garnet.

    ReplyDelete

Author Interview: D. Thomas Jerlo

  Please welcome to the Pen Dames blog author D. Thomas Jerlo, who also writes as Dawné Dominique ! We’re excited by this opportunity to ...