Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Getting to know Fran McNabb: Author Interview

Today, I am excited to introduce not only a long-time friend but a prolific author. As an author, Fran has many accolades attached to her name such as National Readers Choice Award. She writes sweet romance novels that are often set along the beaches, islands, and waterways of the Gulf Coast.  Please meet Fran McNabb. Thank you for being Pen Dames guest author.


First, I want to thank Loretta Rogers for asking me to be a part of her blog. Loretta is a great writer, and we have been author friends for over twenty years.


Thank you for stopping by and joining us today, Fran. Let's get started:

*Share with our readers a little about yourself (hobbies, family, favorite childhood book, etc).

Like most authors I spend quite a lot of my time behind my computer, but I found I enjoy painting as well as writing. I paint bookmarks, cards, and shells and have a great time doing it. I have a booth in a business in town and I love spending time there behind my table writing and talking to people.

We have recently given up living on the water of the Gulf Coast and moved to the hometown of one of my sons in Louisiana, where I spend as much time with my grandson as possible. I love our time together. We now have one great-granddaughter, and I can’t wait to spend as much time with her as possible, even though she’ll be seven hours away.

* What inspired you to become a writer?

I taught senior English and journalism for years so writing was my life. I loved the British literature that I taught, but during the summers I lost myself in romance novels.

When I was a young teenager I’d walk to the town’s library where I found family-friendly career romances from Avalon Press. I think I read every one of those stories about secretaries, nurses, flight attendants, and other female occupations. The heroines found love even while they worked. Ironically, my first contract with a publisher came from Avalon Press, and I have stuck with the family-friendly brand.

*How long have you been writing? How many books have you published?

I always seemed to be writing for my enjoyment, but didn’t get serious about the publishing world until I had to take an early medical retirement. I was much too young to sit around and do nothing, so I joined writing groups to see what the publishing world was about.

In June of this year my eighteenth novel was released. I also have a few pieces in non-fiction anthologies.

*What genre do you write?

All of my books are romances suited for most age groups. My last series, THE FLETCHER RANCH SERIES, is set in Independent, Missouri, and is considered an historical Christian romance. It was the first time I tried my hand at a Christian novel, and I really enjoyed writing in that genre.

* Is there anything about your style of writing or genre that you find particularly challenging?

I tend to be wordy when I write so I have to be careful to say what needs to be said and nothing more.

*What is your least favorite part of the publishing and/or writing process?

Marketing is my least favorite part of writing. I only want to write, but obviously an author no longer can do that. Marketing is expected.

*Tell us about your current novel:

My latest release, LOVE FINDS A WAY, is the third book in The Fletcher Ranch Series. All three books are set in Independence, Missouri, in the 1850’s. The hero in this last book has had a tragic life, but has pulled himself up to become a lawman. Still, he doesn’t feel worthy to fight for the love of his life, a girl who has grown up with a loving family and all the material possessions she needed. He had none of this. The message in this book deals with finding self worth and allowing oneself to be happy. 

 

BLURB for LOVE FINDS A WAY, the third book in THE FLETCHER RANCH SERIES

   In spite of having a tragic childhood, Matthew Jennings has overcome the odds to become a lawman. He returns to Independence, Missouri, but doesn’t know if he can live in the same area as Caroline Fletcher, the love of his life. He quickly finds out the fun-loving girl who could shoot and rope better than any man on the ranch has become quite a lady and is now engaged to the wealthy son of a banker.

  Caroline is shocked to see Matthew in town. After struggling with a broken heart when Matthew left, she has finally moved on. She is willing to push her feelings for him aside to marry Samuel Brown even though it will demand changes in her lifestyle. When Samuel’s family is found to be involved with illegal dealing in the bank, the situation explodes and Matthew must step in.

   Will the life-and-death situation that Caroline finds herself in be enough to make Caroline and Matthew realize they need and still love each other?

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Finds-Way-Fletcher-Ranch/dp/1962168859

 Do you have a blog or website readers can visit for updates, events and special offers?

  I no longer have a blog, but readers can find me at https: www.FranMcNabb.com or contact me at mcnabbf@bellsouth.net, or on FB at Fran L McNabb or Fran McNabb, Author.  I love hearing from my readers.

Awesome interview, Fran. Again, thanks so much for being our guest. By the way, promoting is also my least favorite thing about the publishing process.

Note to Readers DON'T miss this opportunity: Fran is giving away  the first book in her Fletcher Ranch Series, THE WAY HOME. This will be an ebook for someone who leaves a comment. Once the winner has been selected, Fran will make the announcement on her FaceBook page.

Until we meet again, dear readers.

HAPPY READING!

Loretta C. Rogers

9 comments:

  1. Great interview Fran! I miss seeing you and Don. I love your new Western series. I have the latest book in que on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your western series is wonderful! Of course, i also have enjoyed all your books! If someone reads one of her books they will want to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your story, Fran. Thank you for sharing your books with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for being Pen Dames guest author, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your interview immensely, Fran. The part about teaching English literature and career romances brought back fond memories of my own. Your productivity is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing something about yourself and your books on Pen Dames. Bask in the fun with those greats and littles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Flossie. I love your name. It would make a great character name!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know Fran McNabb: Author Interview

Today, I am excited to introduce not only a long-time friend but a prolific author. As an author, Fran has many accolades attached to her na...