Tuesday, February 9, 2021

 

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!

Has every day become more and more difficult? Has the grey light of winter dampened your enthusiasm? (even in Florida!)  Has your get-up-and-go just got up and left?

Well, you are not alone!  Yes, the stay-at-home orders across the nation have put a damper on everything, we have had some blizzards move across the country, and even had consecutive nights of below freezing temps in Florida.

But Spring is on the way, there is a light at the end of the tunnel (and it’s not an oncoming train), we will make it through! This is the time of year when you have to work a little harder at being happy, look a little harder for the joy of life, and push yourself to be cheerful.

Here is a little exercise for you to try. Picture your favorite Spring, or early Summer get-a-way. (even if covid keeps you from enjoying it this year) It might be a week in a secluded cabin with a view of mountains, forests, and streams.  Maybe you prefer a sunny little cabana on a white sand beach with the sound of waves easing you into sleep each night. Perhaps it is just a long weekend spent caring for your lovely roses. Just bring to mind the image that causes you to take a deep breath and relax. Hold that image for a full minute. Now, do this every time you feel yourself tensing up in traffic, in the office, or at home listening to the kids arguing over what program to watch.

You’ll be surprised how much this will help, IF you make the effort. Hence the title,  FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! Because you are worth the effort. You deserve peace of mind. You have a right to tranquil moments.

For me, anywhere in the woods works, but leave me a comment let me know what works for you. And remember, you are not alone.

5 comments:

  1. It's a shame that the pandemic has turned our comfortable world upside down. As an introvert, the situation hasn't had a real negative effect on me as much as it has my hubby who is much more social than I and the television has become his constant source of entertainment...almost 24/7. So for me, I'd love a cabin overlooking a spring-fed lake; absolutely no television, and stocked with books to read, my favorite comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Loretta. With hubby in the wheelchair, his world is filled with TV and the computer. I, too, would be fine in the woods somewhere listening to birds sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, thank you for the uplifting reminders. Just before Christmas two months ago we were lucky to go on one of our very favorite getaways-- to rural Tennessee. Every moment was rejuvenating, and I call on those memories day to day for mini refreshment. Also lucky is my INFP personality-- isolation doesn't bother me much, as long as I can see my family each week and every now and then drive my car through DD for a sugar free almond milk blueberry latte and drink it in the car by a shady tree while reading a book or listening to a Nero Wolfe audio mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sugar free almond milk blueberry latte sounds divine. If we had a DD here, I'd surely try one.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging advice, Linda. My ideal place would be a cottage or cabin on the edge of the North Sea, the Atlantic, or the Pacific. Crashing waves, a fireplace, and storms. And food that I don't have to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Author Interview: D. Thomas Jerlo

  Please welcome to the Pen Dames blog author D. Thomas Jerlo, who also writes as Dawné Dominique ! We’re excited by this opportunity to ...